http://www.historicsouthpittsburgtn.org/ Those Russell Girls: Let it snow! Let it snow!

Those Russell Girls

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Let it snow! Let it snow!

It's been snowing like crazy here, since about 8:00 this morning. I love it! It probably won't amount to anything, but it would be great to see some accumulation.

Spent the day in Asheville yesterday, shopping a little, mostly just looking around. I usually don't get far from this mountain top and often feel that I'm missing out on whatever is going on out in the "real world"! I have to spend a day like yesterday occasionally to remind me that I'm not missing anything at all! At least, nothing good! I can do without the crowds, traffic, lacking of parking places, etc. Had to park half a mile from the Mall entrance, which was OK - I need the exercise, but when I came out it was pouring rain! Which brings to mind another discovery: I do not need, ever again, to drive at night when it's raining! Made this discovery while driving home last night through pouring rain and wind; water across the highway that, when I hit it (because I couldn't see it!), felt like hitting a brick wall. Felt very grateful to get home safely!
Just got an update from Margaret about Aunt Bertha. Margaret visited her in the hospital yesterday and said she seemed fine, her usual self. The plan is still to replace the pacemaker with a defibrillator on Tuesday. Sure hate for her to be in the hospital so long! Much love to Barbara, Carolyn, Donald, and all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. In spite of being very confident that she will be fine, still a little anxious! Let's keep each other posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home